Give these sweet treats a try!
- 1 to 2 packets Cream Crackers
- 1 liter milk
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 80 ml custard powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 40 ml boiling water
- Microwave on high: the condensed milk, milk and margarine, until boiling. Stir after 5 minutes. Will boil after about 10 minutes
- Beat together the eggs, custard powder and vanilla essence.
- Add a bit of the hot milk mix to the egg mix, stir well, then add the egg mix to the milk mixture.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring about every minute.
- Beat until smooth.
- Arrange the Cream Crackers in the bottom of a greased container, pour the custard mixture over them, then add another layer of Cream Crackers.
- Leave in fridge to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with the boiling water and pour over the slices. Set again in fridge for a few hours.