Just as you think you have found the favourite, out it goes and you’re back to square one.
It’s best to have a few tricks up your sleeve to pull out when these overnight surprises catch you unprepared.
There are a myriad of great, healthy goodies you can pack into a soup that can taste great and contain all the things a baby or toddler will more than likely turn their noses up at in their ‘real’ form, so here are five great soup ideas you can keep handy. Your baby will probably like them all – if you’re lucky, but watch out for your toddler – they have a nose for the things we try to sneak into their food!
• 1 chicken breast (uncooked & diced into small pieces)
• 1 Carrot (peeled & diced)
• 1 Small onion finely chopped
• ¼ tsp ground dried thyme
• ¼ tsp basil
• ¼ tsp pepper
• 2 shakes of garlic powder
• 4 cups of water
1. Add all the above ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to boil.
2. Once boiling, turn heat down low and simmer for 1 hour, keeping an eye on the water level.
3. When the chicken is fully cooked, turn the heat off and let it cool for 15 minutes, once cooled, place it all into the blender or food processor for a delicious soup!