The cookies for people who do not think they cannot bake cookies. You only need six ingredients.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- 1½ cups caster sugar, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until butter froths and begins to brown. Do not walk away; the butter can quickly burn from golden brown to. Once the butter is golden, immediately pour it into a large heat-resistant bowl and refrigerate until it starts to solidify, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop one cup of walnuts very finely.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and a cup of caster sugar to the bowl with butter.
- Use an electric mixer at high speed and beat for about three minutes.
- Add two cups of flour and beat on low speed until the dough is thick and smooth.
- Fold chopped nuts and 1 teaspoon of vanilla into batter.
- Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate dough until firm, about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
- Roll the dough into small balls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 - 22 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and sift over remaining caster sugar.