Most women in the child-bearing age look for ways to increase their chances of conceiving.
If you are one of them, here are some of the best tips for conception.
1. Endeavour to have a healthy body weight since either being too heavy or too thin reduces your chances of conceiving.
2. Eat healthy foods to prepare the body for pregnancy by giving it adequate stores of crucial nutrients such as protein, calcium, and iron.
3. Give up smoking since chemicals found in cigarettes such as carbon monoxide and nicotine can cause fertility issues.
4. Also, reduce or completely avoid alcohol intake which can make it difficult when trying to get pregnant.
5. Track the frequency of your menstrual cycle, i.e., to know if they are regular or irregular, and this should help you know when you are going to ovulate.
6. Monitor ovulation. This is especially easy for women with regular periods. You can use the calendar or home-ovulation prediction kits to do this.
7. Have sex frequently during the fertile window to increase your chances of conceiving.
8. Although experts argue over the role of sex positions, it is believed that positions such as missionary which keep the sperm in the vagina longer help when trying to conceive.
9. Remember to have enjoyable sex and don’t take sex as a job if you are trying so hard to conceive, as the way you feel sexually can be a factor into your chances of conceiving.
10. Strenuous exercises are said to interfere with ovulation and to cause irregular menses; therefore, they should be reduced when trying to conceive.
11. Taking prenatal vitamin supplement as well as folic acid can improve a woman’s chances of trying to conceive.
12. Know when it is time to see a doctor especially for women over 35 years old who has not become pregnant after about six months of regular sex without the use of birth control.